Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Amazing Example

I believe that many events/ situations in my life have happened for a reason and one situation right now that I am extremely thankful for and know that God has placed this family in my care as a teaching moment for me.... I work with one of the most challenging babies I have ever had to work with from an emotional standpoint.... he has a condition where his brain did not develop and his head contains primarily just fluid ( and will continue to grow and expand with the fluid). He does have his brain stem so he is able to breathe and eat on his own remarkably but was referred to hospice right after he was born. His mother is such an amazing example to me- she is a single mom who is so loving and dedicated towards him and has such a love and desire for Jesus- despite her situation. He has been on my mind and my heart lately- especially today because mom told me again how she didn't want to put his crib together because she didn't want to see his crib empty and was explaining to me eventually how he would pass away- which he is expected to do before the end of the year. She had me in tears:( So in October when I say goodbye to this baby -- I know I will never forget him and hope that I can be as an amazing mother to my baby as she is to her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment